A Fire policy (basic cover) will provide cover for damage or destruction to insured property by Fire, lightning or explosion of domestic appliances.
The Fire & perils is an extension of the basic cover and will extend to include the following additional covers:-
- Riot & Strike
- Malicious damage
- Special Perils (water perils of flood, blocked drains etc)
- Bush Fire etc.
Important information required in assessing a fire risk will include:-
- The value of property (Buildings, contents like furniture, stocks etc)
- The nature of business / occupancy of the building
- The nature of construction.
- Location of the premises
- State of housekeeping
- Fire Fighting appliances available.
We recommended our clients obtain a professional valuation of properties such as buildings, plant & or machinery to ensure that they are adequately covered.
Other items that can be insured under this policy include;
- Loss of rent following a fire
- Loss of contents of underground tanks following an earthquake and earthquake cover for the swimming pool.